Day 1

Today was my first day at Presbyterian Hemby Children's Hospital for the internship. We just had a brief orientation where the other intern and I received a 4-inch binder full of information and things for us to do this summer. Just a tad bit overwhelming :) The other intern and I had to go on a scavenger hunt throughout the hospital to find where each area is, etc. We didn't really get lost except for a mislabeled map that sent us to a wrong place. Otherwise we got to know the hospital well enough to get to and from the places we need to go. 


My first full day is tomorrow starting at 10:30am. We are going to an elementary school to teach kids about being healthy, etc. Then on Friday morning at 7am I start my NICU rotation for 3 weeks. Should be interesting. I expect this to be one of the more difficult areas dealing with preemies. I expect most of the work will be with parents and siblings, etc. 

Say prayers that I am not totally overwhelmed and will be able to handle everything to make this a successful internship. I know that since God put me here, I am fully capable of everything that I will have to do. 

For more info on where I'll be working for the next 4 months, click here. For more info on this new Child Life Specialist career I'm pursuing, click here.

Ok back to Lost season finale--It's only been 15 minutes and I can tell it is going to be a really good 2 hours! Good thing I don't have an early morning tomorrow :)

0 comments: