Wooohoooo :)

So after my interview on Friday the 13th....I was 100% positive that there was no hope left for the internship. I thought it didn't so great....how could they want me? I was wrong!!!

I just got a call from the Child Life coordinator that I was accepted as 1 of the 2 interns for this summer. Woooohoooo! So much for me of little faith....this just confirms that God has directed me in this way.

The internship will be May--August. It's unpaid (boo)...so I'll probably try to get a part time flexible job on the side if possible with the schedule. So once fall gets here, I'll be on the job hunt for a Child Life Specialist position at a Children's hospital. My preference of course is to stay in Charlotte since I love it here and there are 2 great children's hospitals. But with this economy---I am keeping my options open to relocate--maybe back to B'ham, or Dallas close to my sister (I'm sure that would make her and my parents happy), maybe to Atlanta (if I'm brave enough!), or wherever I can find a job! I would then have to take a certification exam--and that's it---I'd be official!

Thanks to all for your prayers and support that got me to this point....please continue them as I dive in head first this summer into a whole new career!

0 comments: