Michelleaneous

Latest internship update: I had lunch with the Child Life staff at Hemby on Monday. 


Good news---the internship is full force ahead and I start on May 14 wahoo :) My last day at my job is May 8....just 23 days away :)

Bad news--my days will start as early as 6am (I am NOT a morning person)...thankfully the 6am days are just for 3 weeks for the OR rotation. Most other rotations (Pediatric floor/PICU, NICU, Pediatric Emergency Department, and the Cancer clinic) will start later around 7:30am-10am. Good thing I live less than a mile from the hospital! I'm hoping to walk or ride my bike on some days if possible to get exercise and save on gas. 

Other good news---my landlords have agreed to let my roommate and I do a month-to-month lease after August in case I can't find a job here in Charlotte and have to move. If anyone has any contacts (doctors, nurses, therapists, child life, etc.) at any children's hospitals in the south/southeast (TX, GA, SC, NC, AL, please let me know! I'm starting to contact various child life departments just to get my name out there for future job openings in the fall. My preference is to stay put here in Charlotte---and hopefully the 2 children's hospitals will be hiring in the fall. Otherwise, off I go on another adventure! Prayers are welcome for the economy to not affect my chances of finding a job and hopefully stay in NC.

So the countdown is moving forward and I couldn't be more excited for the next 4 months! 


0 comments: