Dear Charlotte,

My Samford friend, Callie (see her blog link to the right), does these top 10 lists on her blog. Thought I'd do the same about all the things I love and I'll miss about Charlotte. These are in no particular order and I may end up with more than 10...but you get the idea here :)


Dear Charlotte, It's been a great 5 years.....

1. My amazing friends that have become my family here. Thank you for being there for me in the good and not-so-good times. Thanks for all the fun memories over the past few years! I will miss you all tremendously--but thankfully we have the miracle of facebook hehe :)

2. The fact that this is the first city I have really learned streets and can give directions by street names (even when it changes 4 times) instead of landmarks. I am so proud that I know all of the Queens and Providence Roads and even a few shortcuts!

3. Freedom Park. Oh how I will miss all of your trees and green-ness when I move to the "wide open spaces" of Texas.

4. The Greek festival. Baklava. Gyros. Yum!

5. Charlotte Cafe, because I like to eat with old people.

6. Elizabeth Creamery. That little Korean man makes the best homemade chocolate mint ice cream ever!

7. Myers Park UMC and my church family there.

8. Harris Teeter, Trader Joe's....I sure hope Amarillo has a really good grocery store, I'm spoiled!

9. Ann Taylor Loft. I may go into mourning over this loss. Thankfully I can make a 2 hr trip to the Loft in Lubbock or visit my sister in Dallas for a shopping weekend. Melissa--get ready!

10. My furry friends, especially Ambrose :) I love all my "pets" but I will miss that sweet mutt!

11. My "children" that I have babysat for years. I will miss seeing them grow up. Note to their parents: please stay in touch via email and facebook!

12. Monthly dinner club. I may have to start this tradition with new friends in Amarillo to try out the restaurants there.

13. Pops in the Park because there is nothing better than enjoying music, food, and friends on a nice summer night.

14. Duke vs. UNC rivalry, especially during basketball season and March madness. I may never understand---but it is fun to watch the crazy fans!

15. Bojangles. I never liked you much anyway (except for a good boberry biscuit every now and then), and still stand firm that Popeye's is much better. However, I will miss seeing you around. I am very excited to move where there is a Popeye's and Sonic. It's the little things in life :)

1 comments:

  1. Ambrose says that he will miss you. Here's what he wants to say, "Woof, woof, honk honk."

    This means "I will miss you and have a good time in Amarillo and don't forget about your furry slightly overweight friend."