End of Week 2

Sorry for the delay in updates....


My 2nd week was even better than the first since I got to start doing more things. The big highlight was when one baby that had been in the NICU for 9+months got to go home. It was bittersweet as all the staff was sad to see her go, but glad that she could go home with her family. 

I've quickly realized that the NICU is not without drama. Just during Wednesday rounds we learned all sorts of interesting things about the babies, their families, etc. I got to attend a CMOMs (Charlotte Mothers of Multiples) meeting one night--that was very interesting and overwhelming at the same time. We had 2 NICU families come--one with twins and one with triplet boys. I think both sets of parents were overwhelmed too! 

I started doing infant massage sessions with the babies by myself. Infant massage helps develop their nervous system, digestive system, circulatory system, sensory integration, brain development, etc. I even got to teach one of the mom's how to do massage on her baby. She and her baby both really enjoyed it!

Each week I have several assignments to complete--such as weekly evaluations, reading articles and diagnoses, medical observations, medical terminology, charting, etc. It has been very reassuring to get such great feedback on everything I turn in each week. It is a wonderful feeling to know that I am exactly where God wants me to be.

In other events---I had my dinner club's monthly dinner at Hotel Charlotte for our "H" restaurant on Friday. Saturday I had a friend's wedding here in Charlotte. Sunday we had a young adult cook out at the park. So things have been very busy around here :) I can't believe it's already June and my last week in the NICU before moving to the OR rotation!

0 comments: