Official!

I am now an official licensed NC driver :) After obtaining NC auto insurance last week and studying for the driving exam last weekend, I headed to the DMV at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday. While waiting for almost 2 hours for my number to be called, I befriended 2 girls around my age who were studying too. In this DMV, it was nice to find some normal people to talk to since the crowd was a little sketchy. It's such a small world too, because one of the girls was from Mt. Brook/B'ham and went to Auburn, and the other was from SC and went to Baylor. They knew some of the same people who went to SU the same time I did. It was nice to have friendly company while waiting.


I am proud to say that all that studying paid off and I passed with only missing 1 question. There was one question about snow/ice and your tires....um, hello, it rarely snows here in NC, and I don't come from where it snows ever---so I quickly skipped that question (I would have probably gotten it wrong).


And I successfully registered to vote in NC too. No more absentee voting! Election '08 here I come! No political comments necessary :) But this means my vote won't be able to help my fellow Louisianians/Franklin Parish citizens in the local elections. Oh well, I can have my say here in Mecklenburg County and NC now.


The only bad news was that I didn't have my car title to register my car in NC and get my official NC license plate. That will be my task for next week. Then I can officially say I'm an NC resident, farewell Louisiana *tear*


Things are moving along smoothly here. Maybe growing up isn't so bad after all :) *smile*

0 comments: