The place where I call home

For those of you unfamiliar with my lovely apt....I'll give you the low-down. I may live in the middle of one of the nicest neighborhoods in Charlotte...next door to million dollar condos....but I live in a 50+ year old apt building...with no dishwasher...no washer/dryer...and only one "window" a/c unit thats in my den. But I love my old apt :)

Despite these minor inconveniences, I couldn't ask for better neighbors or a better place to live. My neighbors are wonderful...when I first moved in, my neighbor Anne brought me cookies :) I don't have sketchy loud ghetto-fabulous neighbors like my other apt in the university area (which totally sucked btw). I can walk on beautiful tree-lined streets with amazing homes on my way to the park. I live within a few miles of my church, most of my friends, the ymca, Harris Teeter (aka grocery store for you non-Carolinians). So all this to say is that even though I don't have all the "modern" conveniences, I love where I live! (Ask me in a month or so when its the middle of HOT summer, I may change my mind lol).

A view of a Myers Park street (probably Queens Rd West) in Charlotte.

My new idea is to get a bike with a basket so I can ride to the park, to the store, etc. I just need to actually go to Target or Walmart and buy the bike first. This will be my small attempt at creating a cleaner earth, saving money on gas, and getting exercise. We'll see how this goes since it's already supposed to be in the high 90s and up to 100 degrees in Charlotte this weekend. Oy!

0 comments: