Winter Storm 2010 update
So it is day 3 of my "snow days" which have involved being stuck inside my apartment. The highlight of my days: walking to the mailbox and taking snow pictures. I was actually hoping to go to work today just to get out--but I was not that lucky. Today though, I am very fortunate to have made friends with a couple that has a 4wd car. Oh happy day! We are all beyond excited for them to pick us up to make a grocery store run and a lunch outing. You would think we've all been stuck inside our homes for 3 days....oh wait, we have!
This is definitely the most snow I've ever had where I live. This makes the snow days in Charlotte last year seem so wimpy with just 1-3 inches at most. Unfortunately, this snow will not be gone anytime soon. The weatherman said Amarillo got 7 inches at the airport, but my apartment definitely has at least 12 inches in some places.
I don't know how people do it where it is like this for 6 months of the year. The snow is beautiful and I'm glad to have a warm home with power to stay safe in :) But I am missing those 60 degree spring like days we were having just a couple of weeks ago.
Needless to say I am glad that I got all moved in before this snow storm hit on Thursday!
And no family, I am not going to build a snowman by myself outside in the freezing temps. I'd rather admire the sparkly beauty of the snow from my warm apt :)
Posted in: snow on Saturday, January 30, 2010 at at 12:43 PM


Great snow pictures! You really need someone to help build a snowman!